Professional Counseling FOR CHILDREN & ADOLESCENTS
I generally take a resilience-based approach when working with children, adolescents and their families. This approach focus on increasing relational supports and draws on strengths and abilities to build an individual’s capacity to adapt to stress or difficulty.
Referrals from Doctors
If doctors or other mental health professionals refer you to counseling/psychotherapy, they may suggest specific therapies, models or approaches that best meet your needs. I am an experienced provider for several evidenced based and clinical approaches. I am happy to communicate with your primary care or other mental health provider if you choose.
Anxiety, Fears, and Panic
Christian Faith-Based Counseling
• Support family culture and values
• Support your stress and other feelings related to child/teen problems
• Help you increase relational support and healthy attachment with your child
• Help you facilitate environments that promote emotional health for your child/teen
Individual child SEssions
• Ages 5-9: Play Therapy focuses on developmentally appropriate communication and learning; Cognitive-behavioral and creative approaches with emphasis on sensory integration activities.
Individual Youth Sessions
• Ages 11-17: Talk-based and tailored to need and personality; Cognitive behavioral, narrative, and creative approaches.